- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yellow Cake with Broiled Peanut Frosting Recipe
|Yellow cake mix||16 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Soft margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Smooth peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1044 Calories from Fat 421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.4%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.8 mg
Sodium 1038.8 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 93.1 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix the yellow-cake mix as per the package directions.
2) In a 13 x 9 x 2 inches pan, pour the batter.
3) Combine rest of the ingredients and blend well.
4) Bake and allow the cake to cool in the pan, then spread with the peanut mixture.
5) Place the cake under the broiler and broil until frosting is bubbly.
6) Slice and serve in a nice plate.