- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yeast Raised Whole Wheat Doughnuts Recipe
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Non-fat dry milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs), sifted (Approximately)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3577 Calories from Fat 1113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g194.2%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g97.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 644.2 mg
Sodium 1936.8 mg80.7%
Total Carbohydrates 531 g177.1%
Dietary Fiber 77.8 g311.3%
Sugars 95.7 g
Protein 125 g250.8%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 80.2% Iron 170.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir in the remaining water, the honey, oil, eggs, salt, and dry milk. Mix well. Stir in enough of the sifted flour to make a soft dough. Let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Turn out onto a floured board and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Put in a clean oiled bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 40 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough to a 1/2-inch thickness and cut with a doughnut cutter. Place the rings well apart on a lightly floured baking sheet.
5. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in bulk.
6. Meanwhile, heat the oil to 375 degrees. Fry the doughnuts, a few at a time, until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels, and sugar-coat if desired.