- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yam Casserole Recipe
|Yams||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 16.2 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 48.5%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a baking dish or a casserole with oil or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F, 160° C, 15 minutes before baking time.
3. Cut the yams in large chunks.
4. In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups of water to a boil on a medium flame.
5. Add the yam to the boiling water and simmer the yam until it is tender.
6. Using a colander, drain the water from the yams and allow them to cool slightly.
7. Combine the yams with all the other ingredients in a food processor jar. Blend the ingredients until well mixed to form a smooth puree.
8. Turn the mixture into the greased baking dish.
9. Place the casserole on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the yam for 30 minutes or until well heated.
10. Remove the dish from the over and serve directly at the table.
11. You can garnish the casserole with plump raisins and dot with butter if you desire.
12. Serve hot, straight from the casserole.
13. This is a very quick and easy side dish for your Thanksgiving dinner and a perfect comfort food for the winter.