- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Twice Cooked Pork, Wui Woo Yuk Recipe Video
|For the stock|
|Green onion||1 , cut in 2 inc pieces|
|Pork belly||440 Gram|
|Shaoxing wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 , chopped finely|
|Cabbage leaf||1 , wash and cut in triangles|
|Leek||1 , green and white part seperated and cut in strips|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 , cut in triangles|
|Corn starch||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Lee kum chilli bean sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 716 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.6%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.8 mg
Sodium 1419.9 mg59.2%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 46 g92.2%
Vitamin A 65.7% Vitamin C 77.7%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for thickener, stir to mix and set aside.
2. In a pot, put together water, ginger and green onion for stock, cover and bring to a boil.
3. Uncover and add in pork belly, wine and chicken powder, cover and bring to a boil.
4. Once it boils, turn the heat to medium and cook for 40 minutes.
5. After 40 minutes, turn the heat of and leave the pot of hot plate for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the pork belly and place it in a bowl with ice water for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the meat after and drain for about 1 hour.
8. Dry the pork belly with kitchen towel and slice it thinly.
9. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and add in the meat and fry until both sides are light brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
10. Remove the meat and set aside.
11. In a clean pan, heat oil and saute ginger and garlic.
12. Add in the meat and stir to mix.
13. Pour in wine, bean sauce, and add in white part of leek and stir to mix and until the cabbage is soft.
14. Stir in sugar and soy sauce.
15. Add in the thickener and green part of leek, stir and put in the bell peppers and cook until bell peppers are heated through.
16. Serve hot as desired.