- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Tomatoes with Filo Wrapped Brie Cheese Recipe Video
|For the filo|
|Filo pastry||250 Gram, Defrosted|
|Butter||1 Pound, melted|
|Toasted pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|For the sweet and sour tomatoes|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh rosemary||10 Gram|
|Vanilla bean||1 , split and seeded|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
Calories 1595 Calories from Fat 1029
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g180.8%
Saturated Fat 66.6 g332.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.3 mg
Sodium 702.5 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 71.9 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 106.9% Vitamin C 56.4%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Slice Allegro™ tomatoes in half, season with kosher salt and slow roast in oven for 1 hour at 300°F.
3. Brush three layers of filo together with melted butter, stacking buttered layers on top of each other.
4. Place a small slice of Brie in the middle of the filo and wrap up in a triangle.
5. Brush the outside of the triangle with butter and sprinkle with crushed pistachios. Bake at 375°F until crispy.
6.For the sweet and sour sauce- bring all ingredients to a simmer and remove from heat.
7. Place the oven-dried tomatoes in the sweet and sour mixture and place atop filo triangles and/or serve as a dip.