- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic Butter Sauce for Pasta Recipe Video
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), torn|
|Garlic oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1496 Calories from Fat 1195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.7%
Saturated Fat 67.7 g338.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 308.1 mg
Sodium 216.9 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 19 g37.5%
Vitamin A 89.7% Vitamin C 41.4%
Calcium 61.7% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the garlic oil.
2) Add the garlic seasoning, onion and basil leaves. Stir well and cook the ingredients over medium high heat.
3) Once the ingredients are cooked, but not brown, add the half and half. Stir well and let the mixture boil till the liquid has reduced by half (2-3 minutes).
4) Mix the water and cornstarch together and add the mixture to the now reduced sauce. Stir well and let the sauce boil till it has thickened.
5) Serve the sauce over your choice of pasta and serve while still hot. If preferred, garnish with some shredded cheese.