- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
WPDH 's John Tobin Rocks the TSG Kitchen - Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
|Fresh tomatoes||1 Pound, chopped|
|Garlic oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Fresh basil leaves||5 Medium, torn|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cured black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs) (whole)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1017 Calories from Fat 764
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.3%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5027.5 mg209.5%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 6 g11%
Vitamin A 80.9% Vitamin C 112.7%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan over high heat, put the garlic oil.
2) Once the oil is hot enough, add the onion and lightly saute them till they are translucent.
3) Add the tomatoes and continue to saute.
4) Add the basil leaves and white wine and continue to cook till the tomatoes are cooked and hot thoroughly.
5) Add the whole olives and mix well. The basic tomato sauce is now ready.
6) Serve the sauce over your choice of pasta. It goes really well with tortellini. Simply pour over cooked tortellini, garnish with some shredded cheese and serve right away.