- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crockpot Sauce with John Tobin and Stacey Hawkins Recipe Video
|Diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Pureed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Italian blend seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Sweet italian sausages||3 Large, chopped|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1693 Calories from Fat 563
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.2%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 350 mg116.7%
Sodium 8033.2 mg334.7%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60.1%
Sugars 46.2 g
Protein 155 g310.6%
Vitamin A 133.8% Vitamin C 164.5%
Calcium 20.5% Iron 115.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Put diced tomatoes in the crockpot. Follow with the pureed tomatoes.
2) Add the Italian blend seasoning and the garlic seasoning. Stir well.
3) Add the ground beef and mix well.
4) Next, add the Italian sausage and red wine. Mix well.
5) Cover the crock pot, put on low for 6 to 8 hours and let the sauce cook. To cook faster, set on high for 4-5 hours.
6) Serve the chunky meat sauce over your choice of pasta. Use while it is still hot. To store, pack in a Ziploc bag or air tight container and place in the fridge.