- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crockpot Sauce with John Tobin and Stacey Hawkins Recipe Video
|Diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Pureed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Italian blend seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Sweet italian sausages||3 Large, chopped|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1743 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.3%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g120.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 350 mg
Sodium 4148.5 mg172.9%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g66%
Sugars 49.9 g
Protein 158 g315.6%
Vitamin A 133.8% Vitamin C 169%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 117.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Put diced tomatoes in the crockpot. Follow with the pureed tomatoes.
2) Add the Italian blend seasoning and the garlic seasoning. Stir well.
3) Add the ground beef and mix well.
4) Next, add the Italian sausage and red wine. Mix well.
5) Cover the crock pot, put on low for 6 to 8 hours and let the sauce cook. To cook faster, set on high for 4-5 hours.
6) Serve the chunky meat sauce over your choice of pasta. Use while it is still hot. To store, pack in a Ziploc bag or air tight container and place in the fridge.