- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wood-Fired Oven Pizza with Grilled Vegetables Recipe Video
|Shallots||3 Medium, sliced|
|Prosciutto||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Speck||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Marinara||4 Tablespoon (roasted tomato sauce or pizza sauce)|
|Pizza dough||6 Ounce, divided (into 3 ounce balls)|
|Bechamel||4 Tablespoon (white sauce)|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, sliced (buffalo mozzarella)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Zucchini||1 Large, sliced thinly|
|Squash||1 Large, sliced|
|Ripe firm tomatoes||2 Large, cut into thick slices (roma or beefsteak)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||6 Large (for garnish) (Optional)|
|Blue cheese||1 Tablespoon, crumbled (for garnish) (Optional)|
Calories 1360 Calories from Fat 644
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114%
Saturated Fat 27.1 g135.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.9 mg75.3%
Sodium 5736.6 mg239%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 101 g201.3%
Vitamin A 77.1% Vitamin C 145.4%
Calcium 69.7% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a gas grill to high and make sure the grill grates are clean and free of debris. Also fire up the wood fired oven.
2. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and red pepper.
3. Oil the grill grates and decrease the heat to medium. Put the prepared veggies on the grill.
4. Lightly flour the counter-top and flatten each of the dough balls (3 ounce each). Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 16-inch round, rotating and stretching the dough as you go. Make a thin crust as it cooks perfectly in a wood oven or on a grill. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured pizza peel and stretch to re-shape if necessary.
5. Top one with tomato sauce and scatter prosciutto slices and mozzarella, and another base with the white sauce, shallots and cheddar.
6. Cook the pizzas until the bottom of crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 5-7 minutes.
7. Remove the pizza to a cooling rack and let rest for 3 minutes before garnishing and slicing.
8. Garnish the pizzas with basil and cheese and serve with the grilled veggies on the side.