- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wood Fire Grilled Chicken Apple and Pear Salad Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||3⁄4 Pound (2 bres)|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Arugula||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pear||1 Medium, peeled, cored, and sliced|
|Apple||1 Medium, peeled, cored, and sliced|
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (For the Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette)|
|Garlic||4 Tablespoon, minced (For the Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon, grated (For the Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette)|
|Honey||4 Tablespoon (For the Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette)|
|Muscadine grape||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved (optional, For the Garnish)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), candied (optional, For the Garnish)|
|Gorgonzola cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled (optional, For the Garnish)|
|Asparagus spears||4 Medium, grilled (optional, For the Garnish)|
Calories 906 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.2%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.4 mg8.5%
Sodium 1439.3 mg60%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.5%
Sugars 45.3 g
Protein 66 g131.3%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 127.8%
Calcium 33.1% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fire up your grill, using mesquite, apple and cherry wood chips to flavor the chicken.
2. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, on both sides.
3. Grill the chicken on the wood fired grill. When tender, take off the grill and let rest. If you are using asparagus, grill them too along with the chicken.
4. To make the lemon-garlic vinaigrette, in a large bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic, zest, honey, salt and pepper and blend well with a hand blender or wire whisk.
5. Gradually incorporate the oil, blending constantly, until thick and emulsified.
6. Dice the grilled chicken into 1-inch cubes.
7. In a bowl, combine the arugula, apple and pear slices and chicken. Dress with the vinaigrette.
8. Toss well until well coated.
9. Immediately pile the salad onto salad plates.
10. Garnish with grapes, walnuts and gorgonzola.
11. Finish by crossing 2 grilled asparagus spears on top of each salad portion.