- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Wonton Noodle Soup With Bbq Pork Recipe Video
|Barbecue pork seasoning mix||1 3⁄5 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pork shoulder||1 Pound|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth/1 gallon water with 2 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules||1 Gallon|
|Dry wine/Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon (Cooking)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Diced Carrots, Shredded Cabbage Etc.)|
|Chili oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 852 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.7%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 187.7 mg62.6%
Sodium 6978.7 mg290.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 59 g117.8%
Vitamin A 48.7% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Wonton noodle soups can be made with vegetables or meat and is traditionally served as a snack or part of dim sum. This recipe uses roasted pork along with vegetables for the wonton noodle soup.
Directions for preparation:
• Take plastic container and add in the seasoning mix.
• Add the water and mix well.
• Place the pork in the marinade and coat well. Leave to marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
• Reserve the extra marinade.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• After the pork is marinated place them on an aluminum sheet on a baking sheet pan and put in the oven to roast for an hour.
• After half an hour, brush the pork on both sides with the marinade and flip it.
• Take one gallon of chicken broth or water with the bouillon granules in a deep pan/pot.
• Add the ginger slices, green onions and soy sauce.
• Add the dry cooking wine or dry sherry and 1 clove of garlic.
• Slowly bring the broth to a boil and then turn to medium heat and simmer for an hour. (With the lid covered partially)
• Boil some wonton noodles in a pan of water for 10 – 15 seconds. (The water should be already boiling)
• Drain the noodles and set it aside in a bowl.
• In the same water you can boil some vegetables of choice for 30 seconds.
• Add the boiled vegetables and roasted pork to the bowl with the noodles and gently pour in the broth.
• Season the soup with some chili oil and soy sauce.
• Garnish with diced green onions.
• Serve hot and enjoy.