- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Witch's Fingers Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole blanched almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Decorating gels||19 Gram (1 Tube, Red Colored)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3473 Calories from Fat 2135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 240 g368.7%
Saturated Fat 120.7 g603.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 695.3 mg
Sodium 2432 mg101.3%
Total Carbohydrates 309 g103.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51%
Sugars 210.4 g
Protein 42 g83.5%
Vitamin A 117.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 73.9% Iron 51.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl, combine butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla and nicely whisk all of them.
2) Now add flour,baking powder and salt to the mixture, fold and beat well.
3) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature as per the recipe.
4) Using one-quarter of the dough at a time,start by rolling a heaping teaspoon(of say,5 ml into shape of a finger.Refrigerate the remaining dough.
5) Towards one end,press one almond firmly to give the appearance of a long fingernail and similarly press in the middle to create a knuckle like impression.
6) Now with the help of a paring knife,make slashes or cuts into the dough to define a better finger-like appearance.
7) Bake on lightly greased baking sheets in 325°F (160°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until pale golden and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
8) Now remove the almond,apply some red decorator gel on top of the nail bed and set it back in its place,some gel should ooze out from underneath.
9) Remove from the baking sheets and allow to cool on racks.
10) After cooling,they are ready to be served as perfect party snacks.