- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Winter Tuna Nicoise Recipe
|Potatoes||1 Pound, thickly slices (450 Gram, Unpeeled)|
|Olive oil||8 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoon Plus Teaspoon)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, rinsed|
|Sun dried tomatoes in oil||2 Ounce, finely chopped (50 Gram)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Baby spinach||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Canned water packed tuna||400 Gram, drained (2 Cans, 160 Gram Or 200 Gram Each, Yellowfin, Packed In Springwater)|
Calories 584 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 640.1 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.6%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 18 g36.9%
Vitamin A 44.9% Vitamin C 54%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 37.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
2) In a large baking tray, toss the potatoes with 2 tsp oil and some seasoning.
3) In the oven, roast the potatoes for 20 mins until they are crisp, golden and cooked through. Stir once halfway.
4) Meanwhile in a small pan, bring water to the boil with eggs in it. Let water simmer for 8-10 mins till the eggs are cooked.
5) Remove the pan from heat and drain the water. Dip the hot eggs into a bowl of cold water to cool for a few mins.
6) Peel away the shells, then cut into halves.
7) Take a wide salad bowl, mix the remaining oil, red wine vinegar, capers and chopped tomatoes. Season the mix if you like.
8) Add the onion, spinach, tuna and potatoes and gently toss till all is mixed well.
9) Top the salad with the eggs and serve immediately.