- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Winter Apple Jelly Recipe
|Apple juice||1 Quart (bottled or canned)|
|Red food color||5 Drop (approximately)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Sugar||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4835 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.15 g0.23%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 134 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1248 g415.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 1192.2 g
Protein 0.15 g0.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.4% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, mix together juice, color and pectin; bring to a full boil.
2. Stir in sugar and bring the mixture back to boiling; constantly stir and boil for 2 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and skim.
4. Into sterilized hot jars, pour mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Alternately, hot mixture can be poured into sterilized jelly glasses leaving ½ inch on top.
10. Immediately pour melted paraffin to cover 1/8 inch of bottle.
11. Serve Winter Apple Jelly with breakfast.