- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Wings of Seitan Recipe Video
|Vital wheat gluten||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutritional yeast||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
Calories 1292 Calories from Fat 1019
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177.4%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1045.1 mg43.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 30 g59.5%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Grate up 2 cloves of garlic with a microplane grater and combine this in another bowl with the vegetable stock, soy sauce, and olive oil.
3) When the bowl with the liquids has been mixed well, pour it in with the dry ingredients, and begin to knead like dough for a couple of minutes.
4) Roll into log shape, wrap tightly in aluminum foil and bake at 400 Degrees F for 40 minutes.
5) In a ziplock bag mix up 1 cup flour, 1 cup breadcrumbs, some paprika, and cayenne pepper.
6) Once the seitan is baked, allow it to cool, and then split lengthwise down the middle and cut into half inch thick slices.
7) Dip these in vegetable stock and put them into your ziplock, shake well. Once pieces are evenly coated, remove them and set aside.
8) Heat a quarter inch thick layer of vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium to medium high heat. Add the seitan pieces and fry until crispy and golden.