- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wine Poached Fish Recipe
|Flounder fillets/1 package (1 pound) frozen flounder fillets||4 Small|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Serving)|
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.3 mg
Sodium 655.6 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 23 g46.5%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 48.5%
Calcium 14% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fill a large stock pot or heavy bottomed saucepan, half with water and add ½ tsp salt.
2. Throw in onion and lemon slices, bay leaf and peppercorns.
3. Add white wine.
4. Place the pan on a medium high flame and bring liquid to a boil.
5. Lower heat and allow the liquid to simmering for a few minutes.
6. Place fish on a large piece of foil or a steaming rack and lower into simmering water.
7. Cover pan and simmer fish for 5 minutes for 1/2-inch thick fillets or 15 minutes for frozen fish or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
8. Lift up foil or remove rack with fish and drain.
9. Carefully transfer fish to a serving platter and keep fish warm.
10. To prepare the sauce, blend egg yolk and cream.
11. Spoon little of the hot bouillon into the mixture and blend well.
12. Pour the egg-cream into the simmering stock, and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
13. Strain the sauce.
14. Pour the creamy egg sauce over fish and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if you like.