- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wine Glazed Pearl Onions Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen pearl onions||1 Pound, thawed, patted dry|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|White wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)|
Calories 134 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 104.8 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 1 g3%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a 10-inch heavy bottomed fry pan on medium flame, and heat oil in it.
2. Drop onions, stir occasionally, and cook for about 5 minutes or until they begin to turn golden.
3. Sprinkle sugar, salt, and pepper Mix well.
4. Pour wine and stir.
5. Throw thyme, stir occasionally, and cook for about 20 minutes or until onions are tender and liquid evaporates.
6. Serve wine glazed pearl onions hot.