- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wine Cookies Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sherry frosting||4 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3356 Calories from Fat 1005
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175.4%
Saturated Fat 63.2 g315.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg
Sodium 2604.3 mg108.5%
Total Carbohydrates 535 g178.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.8%
Sugars 291.6 g
Protein 46 g91.8%
Vitamin A 66% Vitamin C
Calcium 50.3% Iron 95.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat butter or margarine, sugar and eggs in large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed 3 minutes, or until fluffy; blend in sherry.
3. Stir In flour mixture to make a stiff dough; wrap in wax paper; chill 3 hours, or until firm enough to roll.
4. Roll dough, half at a time, to a 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Cut into rounds with a 3-inch cutter.
5. Place, 1 inch apart, on ungreased cookie sheets; sprinkle with gran-ulatedi sugar.
6. Bake in hot oven (400°) 8 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned around edges.
7. Rqmove to wire racks with spatula; cool. Frost with sherry frosting.