- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wine Braised Pork Chops Recipe
|Pork loin chops||6 (Use Thick Loin Or Shoulder Chops)|
|Thick pork chops||6 (Loin / Shoulder)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage/Dried dill||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried dill/Dried sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Chablis/California sauterne / other white dinner wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sauterne/Chablis / other white dinner wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (California)|
Calories 470 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 156.4 mg
Sodium 300.4 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 47 g94.6%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 0.98%
Calcium 8% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the excess fat from chops, saving it for later use.
2) Take a skillet; grease it with the saved fat and then sauté chops slowly in it until browned on both sides.
3) Drain off any excess fat and then add in mustard, seasonings and brown sugar.
4) Cover the chops with lemon slices on top.
5) Pour in Sauterne and then cook the chops, covered, very slowly for 50 to 60 minutes until the meat becomes tender.
6) Transfer the cooked meat to a hot plate and then remove any fat from drippings.
7) If required, heat the drippings with a little cornstarch-cold water mixture to thicken it slightly.
8) Pour this pan-sauce over meat and serve at once with cranberry sauce.