- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Winchester Sausages Recipe
|Pork belly||8 Ounce, minced (225 Gram)|
|Lean minced pork||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Pork fat||1 Ounce, minced (25 Gram)|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Sausage casing||39 Inch (1 Meter / 3 Feet)|
Calories 924 Calories from Fat 432
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.7%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 153.7 mg
Sodium 477.9 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 50 g100.2%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 31.5%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Over the breadcrumbs, pour the milk and leave for 10 minutes.
2) In a bowl, combine pork meat and fat together.
3) Squeeze milk from the breadcrumbs and add them dry in the meat mixture.
4) Season the meat mixture with spices, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
5) Mix well.
6) Take a piping bag with large nozzle of plain shape and pour the mixture into it.
7) With the piping bag, force the meat into sausage casing.
8) Push the meat in the casing evenly and twist to give sausage shape.
9) In a barbeque grill, cook the sausages 10 cm/4 inch over the fire for about 15-20 minutes.
10) Cook until golden brown and fully cooked.
11) Serve the sausages either in breakfast or as snacks.