- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wilted Spinach With Garlic And Oil Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Twice Around The Pan)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Washed spinach||1 Pound, stems removed (Triple Washed)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground or freshly grated|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 375.1 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 425.4% Vitamin C 111.6%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 36.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a skillet and heat over medium flame.
2) Pour in oil and add garlic. Lightly sauté for 2 or 3 minutes.
3) Put the spinach into the skillet, a handful at a time.
4) Using a ladle, keep turning the leaves in warm oil until wilted.
5) Keep repeating till all the spinach is wilted and cooked.
6) Add salt and pepper and nutmeg and season.
7) Serve hot.