- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wilted Spinach Salad Recipe
|Spinach leaves||8 Ounce (Fresh, Young, About 4 Cups)|
|Bacon slices||4 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed (Small Clove, If Desired)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 25 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.32 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg
Sodium 77.1 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 106.3% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the spinach by washing them thoroughly, removing coarse stalks, draining and pat drying leaves with paper towels.
2. Leave smaller leaves whole and shred larger leaves.
3. in a large bowl place spinach.
4. For making dressing, in a large skillet cook bacon and garlic for 5 minutes such that bacon is browned and crisp, with occasional stirring.
5. Remove from heat carefully pour in lemon juice to avoid spatters and stir quickly.
6. To the hot dressing add spinach and toss such that all leaves are coated and have begun to wilt and serve.