- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wilted Lettuce Recipe
|Torn leaf lettuce||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Packed)|
|Green onions||6 , chopped (Slender)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 21 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.81 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.25 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.4 mg
Sodium 37.9 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.7%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 1 g3%
Vitamin A 65.9% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, fry bacon until crisp and drain immediately onto paper towels in order to absorb the excess fat.
2) Make small fragments of the bacon by crumbling and retain for use.
3) In the skillet drippings, reserve about 1/4 cup.
4) In a slightly warmed serving bowl,mix together lettuce and green onions.
5) Heat reserved 1/4 cup bacon drippings over moderate-high heat until quite hot.
6) Remove from heat and immediately add buttermilk.
7) Swirl around in pan contents to combine.
8) At once, pour the hot dressing over lettuce mixture and toss lightly to combine.
9) Scatter reserved crumbled bacon on salad and serve.