- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wilted Cucumbers Recipe
|Coarse salt/Ordinary salt -to taste||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly-ground|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
|Artificial sweetener||To Taste|
Calories 51 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.34 g0.52%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 116.6 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel cucumber and using a fork, score lengthwise.
2. Cut into thin slices.
3. In a bowl, arrange cucumber slices in layers; generously salt each layer.
4. Cover the bowl with a plate and place weight on top.
5. Refrigerate the cucumbers for several hours.
6. Squeeze out the salt water and season with pepper.
7. In a cup pour vinegar and add enough water to make ½ cup.
8. Add a little sweetener to vinegar and pour over cucumber.
9. Return the bowl to the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
10. Serve Wilted Cucumbers salad with a casserole dish.