- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wilted Cabbage Recipe
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Peeled chopped cooking apples||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg
Sodium 1152.4 mg48%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 46.6 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 276.8%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet heat oil and fry bacon until crisp.
2) Drain moisture in paper towels and keep some drippings aside.
3) In the dripping fry green pepper till soft.
4) Mix vinegar, water, sugar, and salt.
5) Bring to a boil and add cabbage and apple. Toss gently.
6) Cook covered over medium heat for 5 minutes.
7) Spoon the mixture into serving dish. Crumble bacon on top.