- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wilt 'Em Greens Recipe Video
|Bacon/Standard slices||2 (chopped)|
|Olive oil/Garlic infused olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 (diced or chopped)|
|Radish/Black spanish radish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (peeled and grated)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne peper||1 Pinch|
|Spinach/Swiss chard, collard greens, beet greens||3 Cup (48 tbs) (rougly chopped or torn)|
|Kale/Tuscan kale||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Radicchio||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (chopped)|
|Roasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (roughly chopped, for topping)|
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.86 mg
Sodium 338.9 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 200.6% Vitamin C 121.3%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place bacon in cold pan, cook until crispy.
2. Remove with slotted spoon and set on a paper towel to drain.
1. Either discard bacon grease from pan and add 2 T olive oil, or leave about 1 T bacon grease and add 1 T olive oil.
2. Heat oil and add onion and radish. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until softened, over medium heat.
3. Remove stems from greens, wash well, and dry.
4. Add vinegar, maple syrup, dijon, and seasonings to the onion pan. Stir, then add all the radicchio and some of the greens, wilting down and tossing, then adding more greens and repeating until they are all gone.
5. Turn the heat down to medium-low.
6. Once all greens are wilted, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
1. Serve topped with bacon and almonds.