- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Willie Mae's Filled Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Part Butter)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Uncooked quick cooking rolled oats||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Snipped pitted dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6776 Calories from Fat 2295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 261 g401.9%
Saturated Fat 60.9 g304.3%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg3.8%
Sodium 1908.6 mg79.5%
Total Carbohydrates 992 g330.6%
Dietary Fiber 91.8 g367.3%
Sugars 422.2 g
Protein 119 g238.7%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 52.1% Iron 217.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour with baking soda.
3. Cream shortening with salt until light and fluffy, gradually adding 3/4 cup sugar. Blend in half of flour mixture, then milk, then remaining flour mixture. Stir in rolled oats. Refrigerate 4 hours.
4. Meanwhile, for filling, in saucepan combine dates, 3/4 cup sugar, lemon juice, and water; bring to boil; set aside to cool.
5. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
6. On well-floured surface, roll out dough 1/8 inch thick (roll only one-third of dough at a time, refrigerate rest). Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Spread 1 teaspoonful of date mixture on each of half of cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Cool on wire racks. Makes about 3 dozen.