- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Williamsburg Orange Wine Cake Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 (Unbeaten)|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Golden)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 621 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 430.2 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 51.5 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the margarine and sugar, until creamy and fluffy.
3) To this, add the unbeaten egg whites, orange rind, vanilla, raisins and walnuts. Mix well.
4) Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt.
5) Add to the batter alternately with the buttermilk.
6) Pour the batter into an oiled and floured cake pan.
7) Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
8) Cool, top with frosting and serve.