- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wilder's Fabulous Barbecued Chicken Recipe
|Dry white wine/Beer||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Greek One)|
|Lemon pepper seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound, split in half (1 In Number)|
|Barbecue sauce||2 Tablespoon (As Desired)|
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.7%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.1 mg
Sodium 383 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.57%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 42 g84.7%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 14.9%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat coals.
2. Prepare bourbon paste using water and soak hickory chips for about 30 minutes.
3. Prepare basting sauce by blending beer or wine, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon-pepper seasoning and Greek seasoning.
3. On preheated coals, keep drained hickory chips.
4. Sprinkle hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon-pepper seasoning and Greek seasoning in generous quantities on chicken.
5. On cooking grid, place chicken, bone-side down.
6. On medium to slow coals, cover and grill directly for about 10 minutes.
7. Turn to the other side to baste with the prepared sauce and grill for 5 minutes.
8. Turn again and baste the other side.
9. Continue turning and basting till the chicken turns tender. This will take about 45 minutes.
10. Baste the chicken with barbeque sauce, in generous amounts, during the last 10 minutes of grilling.
11. Serve hot in a dish with a red wine of your choice.
The bone side should be cooked longer while the meaty side should be cooked for a lesser time so as to avoid drying out.