- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wild Rice Stuffed Mushroom Caps Recipe Video
|Crimini mushrooms||32 Medium, stemmed, cleaned, peeled|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (2 tablespoons for filling and 2 tablespoons for drizzle)|
|Shitake mushrooms/Crimini mushroom||8 Ounce, cleaned, stemmed, and sliced|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Wild rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Short-grain brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked in chicken broth|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Raw cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Asiago cheese||3⁄4 Tablespoon, grated|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 663 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.1%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.5 mg
Sodium 89.6 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42.2%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a small baking tray, lightly toast the almonds and the cashews until lightly browned.
3. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F.
4. In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add in butter.
5. As the butter melts add in sliced mushroom and saute until golden brown and soft for about 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
7. Add in chopped green onions and sauté for 1 minute.
8. Add in thyme and sauté for 30 seconds.
9. Reduce the heat and add in wild rice, brown rice, nuts and parsley and stir to combine.
10. Remove the pan off the heat and allow to cool, slightly.
11. In a food processor, put the mixture and process until chopped, but not fine.
12. In a bowl, remove the chopped mixture and mix in both the cheeses and season with salt and pepper.
13. Shape the chopped mixture into 32 small balls and stuff each mushroom cap generously.
14. On a baking tray, arrange the mushroom stuffed mushroom caps, drizzle each with olive oil.
15. Bake the stuffed mushroom caps for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the filling is golden brown and mushrooms are soft.
16. Place the stuffed mushrooms over a serving plate and drizzle each with balsamic vinegar.
17. Serve at room temperature with small salad if desired.