- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wild Rice And Apple Cider Pilaf Recipe
|Unsweetened apple cider||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
Calories 1057 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.5%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g123.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 754.1 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.4%
Sugars 30.4 g
Protein 22 g43.9%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 16% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large nonreactive saucepan, pour in cider and 1 1/2 cups of water.
2) Place over high heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3) Lower the heat to moderately low and add the wild rice.
4) Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, covered, until the rice is tender but still firm.
5) Strain the rice and discard the cooking liquid.
6) In a large skillet, add butter and melt over moderate heat.
7) SautÃ© almonds and raisins in hot butter for 5 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly browned.
8) Season the mixture with salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
9) Stir in the wild rice and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
10) Serve the rice hot with your choice of side dish.