- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wild Mushrooms In Crispy Bread Cases Recipe
|For the bread cases|
|Thin bread slices||8 , crusts removed|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (50 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Shallot||1 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||6 Ounce, evenly sliced (175 Gram, Chestnut, Oyster, Shiitake)|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Salad leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Assorted, For Serving)|
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.9 mg
Sodium 199.8 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas Mark 6.
2. Coat both sides of the bread with butter and into 8 tartlet or bun tins press them firmly.
3. Bake the coated bread in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes such that they are crisp and golden brown.
4. For making the filling in a small saucepan melt butter and fry shallots for about 5 minutes such that soft.
5. Then add the mushrooms and cook for more 5 minutes such that tender.
6. To the mixture stir in Madeira, let it bubble a little, stir in cream and chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper as per taste.
7. Let it cook over moderate heat such that it thickens a little to turn into a sauce.
8. Take 8 small serving plates and arrange bread case on each plate.
9. To serve fill the case with the mushroom mixture and serve warm.