- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gnudi With A Wild Mushroom Sauce Recipe Video
|Ingredients for dumplings:|
|Fresh ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||1 Pound (squeezed dry)|
|Parmigiano reggiano||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh nutmeg||To Taste, grated|
|Flour||10 Tablespoon (3 tbsp for coating)|
|Ingredients for sauce:|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), reconstituted (Your choice)|
|Chicken/Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 974 Calories from Fat 456
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.6%
Saturated Fat 28.1 g140.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 360.4 mg
Sodium 538.5 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.8%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 52 g104.3%
Vitamin A 244.2% Vitamin C 58.6%
Calcium 80.3% Iron 41.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Method for dumplings:
1) First have salted water boiling while you make the dumplings.
2) Mix the ricotta,spinach,cheese,eggs,nutmeg and flour together. Stir and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Form teaspoons of mixture into short puffy cylinders. Using floured hands, rolling dumplings into the flour to coat.
4) Place the dumplings on a parchment lined baking sheet. Refrigerate while you make the sauce.
Method for sauce:
5) Caramelize the shallots in the butter and olive oil and add in the reconstituted mushrooms.Cook for 1-2 minutes,adding a little of the water from the reconstituted mushrooms.
6) Add the chicken stock and the heavy cream and reduce down until the sauce thickens. Keep the sauce warm while you boil the dumplings
7) Boil the dumplings for approximately 3-4 minutes,until they float to the top.
8) Plate the dumplings and serve warm with the sauce and enjoy!