- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wild Mushroom and Green Bean Casserole Recipe Video
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 Small, dice|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Mushrooms||3 Ounce, slice|
|Bacon slices||3 , chop|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon, grated|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1652 Calories from Fat 1087
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.3%
Saturated Fat 68.3 g341.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 374.8 mg
Sodium 1678.1 mg69.9%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 28 g112%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 47 g93.4%
Vitamin A 89.6% Vitamin C 55%
Calcium 100.3% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pan add the bacon and render the fat. Add in the onions and garlic to caramelize halfway through the bacon being cooked.
3. Once cooked, deglaze with white wine and cook until the liquid is gone.
4. In the meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, add the green beans and cook until al dente (slightly crunchy).
5. Once the wine is cooked out, add cream and reduce until thick.
6. Once thick, add thyme and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
7. Once the green beans are done, add them to a casserole dish and add in the cream, bacon, herb mixture and toss to coat.
8. Add the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese over the top.
9. Pop into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Plate and serve.