- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wild Mushroom and Fontina Tartlets Recipe
|Dried wild mushrooms||1 Ounce (25 Gram / 1/2 Cup)|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Medium dry sherry||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Single light cream||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter / 1/2 Cup)|
|Fontina cheese||1 Ounce, thinly sliced (1 Ounce)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Rocket leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Arugula For Serving)|
|Wholemeal flour||4 Ounce (115 Gram / 1/4 Cup, Whole Wheat)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, diced (50 Gram / 1 Cup)|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, roasted and ground (25 Gram / 1/4 Cup)|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2018 Calories from Fat 1333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g234.3%
Saturated Fat 66.9 g334.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 709.1 mg
Sodium 1014 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44%
Dietary Fiber 22.3 g89.3%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 48 g95.4%
Vitamin A 81.7% Vitamin C 25.5%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 46.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, soak the dried wild mushrooms in 300ml/1/2 pint/1 1/4 cups boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain through a fine sieve and reserve the liquid. Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, until softened, then add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the soaked mushrooms to the pan and cook for 7 minutes over a high heat. Add the sherry and the reserved liquid. Cook until the liquid evaporates. Season and set aside in a bowl to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Grease four 10cm/4in tartlet tins (mini quiche pans). Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and use to line the tins.
5. Prick the pastry bases all over with a fork, line with foil and baking beans and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and beans.
6. Lightly whisk the egg and cream, add to the mushrooms, then season to taste. Spoon into the pastry cases, top with the cheese slices and bake for about 20 minutes until the filling is set. Serve warm, with the rocket leaves.