- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wild Duck Recipe
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 1633 Calories from Fat 1060
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.2%
Saturated Fat 36.3 g181.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 544.3 mg
Sodium 689.8 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 120 g239.8%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 76.8%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 160.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2) Sprinkle salt and pepper on the ducks, on all sides.
3) With 1/2 onion and 1/2 rib of celery, fill the cavity of the ducks.
4) Place an iron pot on top of a stove and heat oil in it.
5) In the hot oil, brown the ducks, uncovered.
6) In the fat around the ducks, wilt the remaining chopped onion.
7) To this, add 1 cup of water and sherry.
8) Cook in the preheated oven, covered, until done.
9) If required, baste the ducks and add liquid.
10) Finally, make a paste of flour and water.
11) Add this paste to drippings.
12) Serve hot, garnished with parsley and more sherry.