- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wild Blackberry Sundae Topping Recipe
|Wild blackberries||1 Quart|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1181 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.5 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.8%
Dietary Fiber 50.1 g200.6%
Sugars 246 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 40.5% Vitamin C 331.1%
Calcium 27.6% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan, mash and cook blackberries for 5 minutes.
2. Add sugar and cook until preserve is slightly thick.
3. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Serve Wild Blackberry Sundae Topping over ice-creams.