- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whoopie Pies Recipe Video
|Brown sugar||125 Gram|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||175 Gram|
|Red food coloring||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Cream cheese||50 Gram|
|Icing sugar||225 Gram|
|Butter||1⁄2 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Sodium 106.6 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 58 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.2% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/ 325 degrees F. Grease a baking pan with butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream together egg and brown sugar.
3. Add in the vanilla extract and butter and mix well. Followed by flour, buttermilk and red food color.
4. Drop the batter into the prepared baking pan, making small circles. Bake in oven for 17 minutes.
5. For icing – in a bowl, add in the icing sugar, butter and vanilla essence and mix well.
6. Take out the pies and let it cool completely.
7. Place the icing over the pie and seal with another pie.
8. Serve whoopie pie with milk, tea or coffee.
directions, please refer to the video