- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Tomato Pizza Recipe
|Margarine/1 tablespoon oil||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onions||1 Pound, chopped (450 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Tomatoes||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Grated cheese||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 847 Calories from Fat 429
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.8%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg
Sodium 1736.2 mg72.3%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55%
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 42 g84.3%
Vitamin A 97.6% Vitamin C 147.3%
Calcium 114.6% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a Swiss roll tin with oil or butter and dust lightly with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 425° F / 220° C.
3. Roll out a dough to 1 inch thickness and to fit the tin.
4. Prick the dough with a fork. Cover with a clean kitchen napkin and keep aside to rise.
5. In a small saucepan, melt butter or heat oil on a medium flame.
6. Add the onion and garlic ans sauté until soft.
7. Add the tomatoes, oregano, sugar and seasonings and stir to combine with the onion.
8. Reduce the flame to low and simmer the sauce for 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick. Take off the heat and keep aside to top the pizza.
9. Place the pizza base for 5 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
10. Then remove from the oven and spread the sauce over the base.
11. Generously sprinkle the grated cheese to cover the sauce and top with mushrooms or peppers.
12. Return the pizza to the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350° F, 180°C and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is lightly browned.
13. Use a pizza cutter to cut pizza into wedges.