- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wholemeal Spaghetti Bake Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (125 gram)|
|Eating apple||1 , cored and grated|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||14 Ounce (one 400g can)|
|Chopped fresh sage||1 Teaspoon (5ml)|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoon)|
|Wholemeal spaghetti||8 Ounce (250g)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50g)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1236 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.8%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.5 mg
Sodium 958.6 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.7%
Dietary Fiber 23.3 g93.1%
Sugars 28.1 g
Protein 48 g96.5%
Vitamin A 77.5% Vitamin C 103.8%
Calcium 74.5% Iron 65.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the mushrooms, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the apple. Drain the tomatoes, reserving the juice. Add the tomatoes to the pan with the sage and tomato puree. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes, adding a little tomato juice or water to make a thick sauce, if necessary.
4. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a saucepan of boiling water for 5-7 minutes until it is just tender. Drain.
5. Mix the sauce and spaghetti together and put into a large casserole or ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the cheese.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at Gas Mark 4,350°F, 180°C for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.