- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wholemeal Malt Loaf Recipe
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|100% wholemeal flour||1 Pound (455 Gram)|
|Polyunsaturated margarine||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Malt extract||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Pint (285 Milliliter)|
|Sultanas||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2195 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5679 mg236.6%
Total Carbohydrates 454 g151.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 107.4 g
Protein 52 g103.6%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 87.3% Iron 25.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Mix together the salt and flour and then rub in the margarine till a crumbly texture is achieved.
3) In a different bowl, mix together the molasses, warm water and malt extract. Stir till the ingredients have dissolved properly.
4) Mix all the ingredients together, except for the baking powder. Stir wll and leave in a wamr place for about 60 minutes.
5) Sprinkle the baking powder in the dough and stir thoroughly once again.
6) Put the dough in a greased bread tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 90 minutes.
7) Serve and use as required.