- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Penne Pasta Recipe Video
|Whole wheat penne pasta||1⁄2 Pound, cooked|
|Spring peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (full fat)|
|Basil pesto||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallots||1 , sliced|
|Garlic clove||2 , sliced|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/4 cup for pasta and 1/2 tablespoon to drizzle)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 342.8 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 14% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp knife, finely slice shallot and garlic.
2. In a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat, stream olive oil and allow to heat.
3. Drop in the shallots and garlic, sauté them for about a minute or until garlic starts to release its flavour.
4. Put in the pasta and stir to heat and coat the pasta with oil.
5. Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper and salt, and stir well.
6. Stir in the ricotta cheese, until it coats the pasta.
7. Add basil pesto and the peas, and stir to mix.
8. Serve the pasta hot in a bowl.
9. Grate cheese over the pasta and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.