- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Red Clam Sauce Recipe
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and finely diced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, crushed in puree (1 can)|
|Canned clams||6 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dried basil/2 tablespoons, fresh basil chopped||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Fennel seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Whole wheat spaghetti||12 Ounce|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg
Sodium 228.5 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 19 g37.6%
Vitamin A 93.3% Vitamin C 35.7%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 73.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a pan and heat the oil.
2) Cook the carrots for 8 minutes.
3) Put garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
4) Add tomatoes along with the puree and boil the sauce on low heat.
5) Drain the clams. Keep aside 1/4 cup of clams and mix the remaining clams into the tomatoes. Add basil and fennel seeds.
6) Boil the mixture for 1 minute.
7) Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti and drain in a bowl.
8) Keep the spaghetti in 6 serving plates and top with tomato sauce.
9) Garnish the dish with reserved clams.