- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Raisin Bread Recipe
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Warm water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5336 Calories from Fat 727
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g128.7%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5978.1 mg249.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1055 g351.8%
Dietary Fiber 149.6 g598.5%
Sugars 175.1 g
Protein 173 g346.4%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 75.7% Iron 322.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir the molasses into the yeast mixture. Set in a warm place until mixture bubbles vigorously, about 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the raisins and water, oil, salt, rolled oats, and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth and gradually stir in 3 more cups flour to make a stiff dough.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
5. Put dough in a greased or oiled bowl and turn to bring the oiled side up. Cover and let stand in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
6. Punch the dough down, turn onto a floured board, and knead a few times. Divide in half, cover with the bowl and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape into 2 loaves and place in oiled 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pans. Let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
8. Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden and hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on wire racks.