- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Quiche Shell Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), well chilled|
|Lemon juice/Ice water||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 931 Calories from Fat 467
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.7%
Saturated Fat 30.9 g154.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg
Sodium 373.1 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 28 g55.5%
Vitamin A 33.2% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450Â°F.
2. Using either your hands or a food processor, mix whole wheat flour and salt.
3. Add butter and blend to resemble coarse meal.
4. Slowly add the egg and lemon juice and continue mixing.
5. Knead or process the dough into a ball.
6. Flatten it into and 8-inch circle, dust with flour and place between two wax paper sheets.
7. With a rolling pin, roll from the center outward, carefully peeling off the wax paper to release dough and replacing paper. Repeat with the other side. Repeat the process till the dough is 11 inches in diameter.
8. Take a 9-inch quiche pan with removable bottom and place the dough on it, trimming the excess by rolling to pin on the top of the pan.
9. Make holes on the surface with a fork.
10. Brush with lightly beaten egg white.
11. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour to dry.
12. In the oven, you can also cook for 2-3 minutes to set the glaze.
13. Cool before filling.
14. Serve with a filling of choice.