- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Plain Paratha Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lukewarm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 663 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.5%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1174.8 mg48.9%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.6%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 22.1% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, salt to taste, baking powder if desired and oil well.
2. Add little water at a time, mix and then knead to get semi-soft consistency in the dough.
3. Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and leave it for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove the dough from the plastic wrap, apply a little oil over it and knead a bit.
5. Pull out a golf ball sized portion of the dough and roll on the rolling block with the pin.
6. Heat a flat griddle and roast the paratha over it.
7. Flip once bubbles form and let it cook.
8. Smear oil on the edges, let the paratha puff up and continue flipping until the paratha obtains a golden brown color.
9. Then remove and place over a paper towel lined plate.
10. Serve the parathas with hot curries like lentil chunks curry.