- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread Recipe
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (105-115Â°F)|
|Nonfat dry milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Enriched)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry oatmeal||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3079 Calories from Fat 570
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.3%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.5 mg
Sodium 637.5 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 512 g170.8%
Dietary Fiber 52 g208.2%
Sugars 93.6 g
Protein 116 g232.9%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 263.7% Iron 440.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir in honey and milk powder.
3. Stir in 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup all-purpose flour until thick batter is formed. Let batter rest 10 minutes.
4. Fold in oil.
5. Stir in additional whole wheat flour and oatmeal.
6. Turn onto lightly floured board and knead 10-15 minutes until dough is smooth.
7. Place in an oiled bowl, turning once to oil surface. Cover and let rise until almost double, about 50 minutes.
8. Punch down, cover, and let rise 40 minutes. (This rising may be omitted, but loaf will be slightly heavier.)
9. Shape into loaf and place in an oiled 9x5-inch loaf pan. Let rise until double, about 35 minutes.
10. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 60 minutes.