- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Muffins Recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 374 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36 mg12%
Sodium 359.2 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 7 g15%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 0.64%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 425 Â°F.
2) Grease the muffin tins lightly with oil.
3) Sift the two kinds of flour together with the salt, baking powder and sugar.
4) Add the egg, milk and oil.
5) Stir quickly only until barely blended. Do not beat.
6) Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full of batter.
7) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
8) Serve warm with any drink of your choice.