- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Hazelnut Pancakes Recipe
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hazelnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Shelled But Not Skinned)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 106.6 mg35.5%
Sodium 303.8 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.6%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 19% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a measuring cup, mix together eggs,vanilla extract and milk.
2) Put the mixture aside.
3) Into the work bowl of the food processor(use metal balde),add 1/2 cup wheat flour and hazelnuts.
4) Blend until nuts are ground to a consistency of coarse flour.
5) Now add remaining 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
6) Mix with 3-4 on/off pulses.
7) Now add margarine,pulse on/off to mix in order to mix it well.
6) While the machine is running, pour in the liquid mixture.
7) Stop the machine as soon as all the liquid has been added.
8) Ensure that you do not overblend.
9) Collect the mixture from down sides of bowl by scraping.
10) Heat a lightly greased non-stick frying pan over moderate heat.
11) Before baking, test the pan by sprinkling a few drops of cold water on it.
12) The pan is ready, If the water bounces and sputters.
13) Onto a pan, ladle batter using a 1/4-cup measure.
14) Pancakes are ready to turn when bubbles appear on top and the underside is light brown in about 2-3 minutes.
15) Turn pancakes only once and further bake until the second side is done.
16) Cooking the second side requires just half the time required to cook the first side.
17) Whole Wheat hazelnut pancakes are ready to be served.