- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat French Toast with Quick Berry Sauce Recipe Video
|Whole wheat bread slices||2|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Non stick cooking spray||2 Dash|
|For berry sauce|
|Frozen strawberries||4 Ounce|
|Frozen raspberries||4 Ounce|
|Sugar free instant strawberry gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce|
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.3 mg
Sodium 245.6 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.2%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl add in the strawberries and raspberries. Microwave for 5 minutes until hot and soft.
2. Take out the bowl from the microwave and add in the sugar free instant strawberry gelatin. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl add in the egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk for few minutes.
4. Dip the bread into the egg mixture, until evenly coated on both sides.
5. Grease a large skillet with non – stick cooking spray. Place the bread slices and cook on medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
6. Serve Whole Wheat French Toast with Quick Berry Sauce.